- Quinoa is one of the world’s most popular health foods.
- Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein, and one of the few plant foods that contain sufficient amounts of all nine essential amino acids. It is also high in fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E, and various beneficial antioxidants.
- Quinoa is a grain crop that is grown for its edible seeds. It’s pronounced KEEN-wah. It technically isn’t a cereal grain, but a pseudo-cereal. In other words, it is basically a seed, which is prepared and eaten similarly to a grain.
- Quinoa was an important crop for the Inca Empire. They referred to it as the “mother of all grains” and believed it to be sacred. It has been eaten for thousands of years in South America and only recently became a trend food, even reaching superfood status.
- Quinoa is non-GMO, gluten-free, and usually grown organically. Even though technically not a cereal grain, it still counts as a whole-grain food.
- NASA scientists have been looking at it as a suitable crop to be grown in outer space, mostly based on its high nutrient content, ease of use, and simplicity of growing it. The United Nations (UN) declared 2013 “The International Year of Quinoa,” due to its high nutrient value and potential to contribute to food security worldwide.
- The health effects of real foods go beyond the vitamins and minerals with which you may be familiar. There are thousands of trace nutrients, some of which are extremely healthy. This includes plant antioxidants called flavonoids, which have been shown to offer various health benefits. Two flavonoids that have been particularly well studied are quercetin and kaempferol, both found in high amounts in quinoa.
- In fact, the quercetin content of quinoa is even higher than in typical high-quercetin foods like cranberries.
- These important molecules have been shown to have anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-cancer and anti-depressant effects in animal studies. By including quinoa in your diet, you will significantly increase your total intake of these (and other) important nutrients.
- Poshvic now brings to you the best quality, certified organic and absolutely natural & vegan Quinoa. Let’s bring Poshvic Raw Quinoa home and get used to a healthy Poshtik and Sattvic lifestyle.
POSHVIC RAW QUINOA SEEDS
Ziplock packaging for keeping the freshness intact
Country Of Origin – INDIA
All-natural, preservative-free, vegan, gluten-free, keto-friendly
0.20 kg / 200 gms, 0.50 kg / 500 gms, 1 kg / 1000 gms
There are no reviews yet.