- For centuries, flax seeds also are commonly known as Alsi Ke Beej, have been prized for their health-protective properties. In fact, Charles the Great ordered his subjects to eat flax seeds for their health. So it’s no wonder they acquired the name Linum usitatissimum, meaning “the most useful.”
- Nowadays, flax seeds are emerging as a “superfood” as more scientific research points to their health benefits.
- Grown since the beginning of civilization, flax seeds are one of the oldest crops. There are two types, brown and golden, which are equally nutritious. Just one tablespoon provides a good amount of protein, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids, in addition to being a rich source of some vitamins and minerals.
- Flax seeds’ health benefits are mainly attributed to the omega-3 fatty acids, lignans, and fiber they contain.
- If you are a vegetarian or don’t eat fish, flax seeds can be your best source of omega-3 fats. They are a rich source of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), a mostly plant-based omega-3 fatty acid. ALA is one of the two essential fatty acids that you have to obtain from the food you eat, as your body doesn’t produce them.
- Animal studies have shown that the ALA in flax seeds prevented cholesterol from being deposited in the blood vessels of the heart, reduced inflammation in the arteries, and reduced tumor growth.
- Lignans, found in Flax Seeds, are plant compounds that have antioxidant and estrogen properties, both of which can help lower the risk of cancer and improve health. Interestingly, flax seeds contain up to 800 times more lignans than other plant foods.
- With so much fiber packed in each tiny seed, adding flax seeds to your diet promotes regular bowel movements and can improve your digestive health.
- Use them to Garnish, mix them, roast them or simply eat them raw, Poshvic serves you with absolutely natural and high-quality raw and edible seeds.
POSHVIC FLAX SUPER SEEDS
SKINCARE: The alpha-linolenic acids present in flaxseeds can help in reducing the dryness of skin and thus improve the quality of the skin.
OMEGA 3: Because of the presence of omega-3 fatty acids in alsi seeds, it can be really helpful in improving the blood flow and contribute to maintaining heart health.
Ziplock packaging for keeping the freshness intact
Country Of Origin – INDIA
A healthy evening snack or combo with your breakfast cereal or use it to make your own granola bars – customize as you wish!
0.20 kg / 200 gms, 0.40 kg / 400 gms, 1 kg / 1000 gms